In this episode of Geek Me Five, host Montez McCrary will be discussing five simple and interesting facts about The Pink Panther Cartoons.
1) The Pink Panther Film Collection [http://amzn.to/2zfqKmV]
2) The Pink Panther Classic Cartoon Collection on DVD [http://amzn.to/2yGDBBB]
3) Official Pink Panther YouTube Account [https://www.youtube.com/user/PinkPanther] Continue reading The Pink Panther Cartoons – Geek Me Five #31
We’re an hour away from Google’s big hardware event, where the big “G” is expected to announce new devices, including new Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL smartphones, a new Chromebook, a smaller variant of Google Home, a new Daydream headset, and maybe a few more surprises.
San Francisco: 9AM / New York: 12PM / London: 5PM / Berlin: 6PM / Moscow: 7PM / New Delhi: 9:30PM / Beijing: 12AM (October 5th) / Tokyo: 1AM (October 5th) / Sydney: 3AM (October 5th)
Oh dear Lord, we DEFINITELY have to talk about THIS championship! In this pro wrestling-themed episode of PractitioNERD Documented, or “Doc’D”, host Montez McCrary will be discussing the history, hilarity, and…just…plain-awesome-absurdity of the Ironman Heavymetalweight Championship title from Dramatic Dream Team, a.k.a. DDT, Wrestling.
1) Dramatic Dream Team Pro-Wrestling [ddtpro.com, youtube.com/ddtofficial]
2) Ironman Heavymetalweight Championship Title History [https://goo.gl/XuBK8s]
3) “Here’s how Two Wrestling Bloggers won an actual Japanese Championship Title” from The PractitioNERD, August, 31,2016 [https://goo.gl/EBkbqE] Continue reading The DDT Ironman Heavymetalweight Championship – Doc’D #68
When it comes to making WWE video games, the in-ring motion capture (MoCap) work is performed by very talented non-WWE wrestlers that learn everyone’s moves and entrances while wearing the motion capture suits. This method allows the actual WWE wrestlers from having to take lots of time out of their already busy schedules to film MoCap work. However, there are some instances when some WWE talent don’t want someone else to bring their moves to the virtual world; Shane McMahon is one of them. Continue reading Here’s Shane McMahon Doing MoCap for WWE 2K18…
This new trailer for Red Dead Redemption 2 stars a new character named Arthur Morgan and is set before the events of the first game. The trailer features a younger Dutch and his group of outlaws, including the new protagonist Arthur. If you recall from the original Red Dead Redemption, Dutch was the leader of a gang that included that game’s main protagonist John Marston, as well as the man he was chasing, Bill Williamson. It’s probably a safe bet to assume both John and Bill will be in Red Dead Redemption 2.
Red Dead Redemption 2 doesn’t have a solid release date, but is slated for a Spring 2018 release window for the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
This past Sunday, AJ Styles, the current WWE United States Champion on Smackdown Live, showed up at a NWA Wildside reunion event in his home state of Georgia. Your first question might be: How can he be allowed to attend a indy wreslting event if he’s signed to WWE? Well, Styles was off last weekend (in preparation of his busy week coming up as WWE talent work four days per week on average) so he was able to schedule the appearance. According to Jerry “The King” Lawler from his recent podcast, WWE talent are “technically tax-wise, considered independent contractors” and can make “third-party appearances” at indy events permitted they are not scheduled to work a WWE-based booking, which is done (typically) with the indy promotion making a request to WWE, paying an agreed appearance fee, then WWE asks the talent if they would like to appear, and the deal is done. Continue reading AJ Styles on Why We Should Support Indy Wrestling…
In this episode of Geek Me Five, host Montez McCrary will be discussing five simple and interesting facts about late, legendary rapper Tupac Shakur’s seminal album, All Eyez On Me.
1) 2Pac “All Eyez On Me” [Amazon: http://amzn.to/2wEfCPA; Spotify: goo.gl/Ca4bKF; Google Play: goo.gl/9NHCLp; Pandora: goo.gl/XB8YoR; Apple Music: goo.gl/QuUkDF]
2) “The Rose That Grew From Concrete” by Tupac Shakur [http://amzn.to/2w2Xmh5]
3) “Tupac Resurrection” [http://amzn.to/2x88qyo] Continue reading 2Pac’s “All Eyez On Me” – Geek Me Five #30
This Friday, the remaster of the classic/infamous full-motion video game Night Trap will be re-released in a limited physical run on August 11 (thanks to developer Screaming Villains & Limited Run Games), while the digital release on PS4 and PC takes place on August 15. Due to the positive feedback of the re-release, its sequel, Night Trap 2, is currently in the very early stages of development as it aims to go into full-speed after the original game’s other remastered ports are finished and released. Another interesting little tid-bit is that the original game director, James Riley, will be heavily involved in the sequel’s development. Continue reading ‘Night Trap’ Re-release Sparks ‘Night Trap 2’ Development; Work on Sequel to Speed Up After NT1’s Ports are Done
In this episode of Geek Me Five, host Montez McCrary will be discussing five simple and interesting facts about legendary film director, Stanley Kubrick. Side note, it’s actually pronounced CUE-Brick, not KOO-Brick. So, there you go…
1) Stanley Kubrick’s Films on Amazon [http://amzn.to/2uWpq8u]
2) “Stanley Kubrick: Interviews (Conversations with Filmmakers)” edited by Gene D. Phillips [http://amzn.to/2vYFwga]
3) “Kubrick Remembered” Documentary [https://youtu.be/JD-05OGDnZ0] Continue reading Stanley Kubrick – Geek Me Five #29
On August 1, 2006 at the Hammerstein Ballroom in New York City, CM Punk made his WWE television debut on that week’s episode of ECW on SciFi, where he defeated ECW Original Justin Credible. Almost instantly, and thanks to a series of excellent pre-taped promos where he discussed his true-to-life straight edge lifestyle, emphasizing the movement’s disciplinary aspects of living drug-and-alcohol-free. Continue reading Relive CM Punk’s WWE Television Debut Match…