Sometime last month, there was an announcement that a new TMNT arcade game was being developed (based on the recent Nickelodeon reincarnation),which would be featuring similar four-player co-op action that made Konami’s 1989 version and the Turtles in Time follow-up all-time classics. However, at the time of said announcement, there was no footage to compliment this (in the minds of TMNT fans and fans of fun video games) awesome bit of news. At least until now! Arcade Heroes spent some hands-on time with that game and captured a lot of gameplay footage, from a single player level (above), a level that could be played by three players (after the break), and Arcade Heroes hey also got to spend some hands-on time with the game, so you should check out their impressions here. Continue reading “There’s a New ‘Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles’ Arcade Game on the Horizon…”
In this episode of Geek Me Five, host Montez McCrary will be discussing five simple and interesting facts about the classic Nickelodeon animated series, Rocko’s Modern Life.
1) “Rocko’s Modern Life” (Various Volumes) on Amazon Prime Streaming [http://amzn.to/2olcpPU] and “Rocko’s Modern Life” (The Complete Series 8-Disc Set) on DVD [http://amzn.to/2o0SQR5]
2) “Rocko’s Modern Life” on Wikia [rockosmodernlife.wikia.com]
3) “Rocko’s Modern Life” creator Joe Murray’s Blog [http://joemurraystudio.com/blog] Continue reading “Rocko’s Modern Life – Geek Me Five #26”
In this episode of Geek Me Five, host Montez McCrary will be discussing five simple and interesting facts about the classic Nickelodeon game show, Legends of the Hidden Temple.
1) “Slimed!: An Oral History of Nickelodeon’s Golden Age” by Mathew Klickstein [http://amzn.to/2g7bDGa]
2) BuzzFeed Entertainment interviews Kirk Fogg [https://goo.gl/o3IKvE]
3) The Unknown Archive’s Legends of the Hidden Temple Playlist [https://goo.gl/e2HvpL] Continue reading “Legends of the Hidden Temple – Geek Me Five #20”
While I remember saving cardboard boxes as a child and turning them into amazing works of engineering and design (as only a child from 6-to-14 years-old-could — I never, NEVVVVVER, pulled off something this detailed or intricate (not even my cardboard replica of the temple from the old Nickelodeon game show “Legends of the Hidden Temple”; oh yeah, I am THAT awesome). Well, NicoNico Douga user Upuaza Touryou took roughly five months to complete this cardboard creation replica of Japan’s most famous temples, the Byōdō-in, which is made up of over five thousand cardboard parts from Amazon boxes. And what do you do with YOUR Amazon cardboard boxes? I bet you just throw them away, huh? Continue reading “Turn Amazon Cardboard Boxes into a Beautiful Buddhist Temple”
And it’s proven and discovered…BY SCIENCE!!!
The above picture is the fungus called Spongiforma squarepantsii. Yeah, no fooling; that’s the actual scientific name. This fungus was discovered in the rain-forests of Borneo last year by a group of researchers who, after noticing its behavior similar to a sponge, named it after the famous Nickelodeon cartoon character. So, he doesn’t quite “live in a pineapple, under the sea,” but more-or-less “in the rain-forest, under a tree.”