In this video game-themed episode of PractitioNERD Documented, or “Doc’D”, host Montez McCrary will be discussing the Sega Game Gear and Master System classic, Castle of Illusion, starring Mickey Mouse.
1) Genesis “Illusion” Series of Games: Amazon [http://amzn.to/2oek7L8], eBay [https://goo.gl/JbMZMs]
2) Game Gear “Illusion” Series of Games: Amazon [http://amzn.to/2nLuc6U], eBay [https://goo.gl/HpmaZT]
3) Master System “Illusion” Series of Games: eBay [https://goo.gl/FY7UoZ]
4) Mega Drive “Illusion” Series of Games: eBay [https://goo.gl/2KfaEh]
5) “Castle of Illusion” (2013): PS3 [https://goo.gl/lt7WId], Xbox 360 [https://goo.gl/EnYba6], PC/Steam [https://goo.gl/MX7tfN], Android [http://amzn.to/2oe0rqG], iOS [https://goo.gl/I6rUu6]
Continue reading Castle of Illusion: starring Mickey Mouse – Doc’D #63
I love my Retron 5. At its core, the Hyperkin-made system is able to play video game cartridges for the NES, SNES, Genesis, Famicom, Super Famicom, Mega Drive, Game Boy, Game Boy Color and Game Boy Advance. Essentially, the Retron 5 plays an emulated ROM dumped from the original cartridge on a HD television via HD-friendly visual filters to select from. PLUS, you can save your game, take screenshots and add language translations for imports as patches! SCORE. But it seems Hyperkin isn’t settling with the Retron 5 being a 9-in-one system (or 10 if you have a Master System converter of some type), as this next announcement instantly caught my attention. Continue reading Hyperkin’s Game Gear/Master System/Master System Card Adapter for the Retron 5 to be released February 28th!
In this video game-themed episode of PractitioNERD Documented, or “Doc’D”, host Montez McCrary will be discussing the history, features, and lasting legacy of Sega’s Game Gear portable video game system.
Continue reading Sega Game Gear – Doc’D #47
What’s “Swing Time,” you ask? Well, its the so-early-1990’s opening song performed by rock band Mr. Big (of “Be With You” fame) from the 1993 Sega CD version of the game, The Amazing Spider-Man vs. The Kingpin, a side-scrolling platformer produced by Sega of America and developed by Technopop. It was also released on the Sega Genesis, Sega Master System, and Game Gear. Since the Sega CD version included several improvements to game to take advantage of extra memory capabilities of the CD-ROM system (i.e., animated scenes, voice acting, two new levels, extra combat moves, in-game collectible extras, and an original score by Spencer Nilsen), another extra was the song “Swing Time” by Mr. Big to play during the game’s intro. Continue reading It’s SWINGTIME, Fools!!