…There is no other place I want to be-eeeee… Anyways, this morning on Good Morning America, Marvel dropped the trailer to their next entry in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, Captain Marvel.The 1990s-set film shows US Air Force pilot Carol Danvers (played my Brie Larson), whose already gotten her powers, leaves Earth to join the Starforce, where she’ll run into Ronan (played by Lee Pace, the … Continue reading Watch the “Captain Marvel” Trailer RIGHT HERE, RIGHT NOW….
I want to preface this post with a brief look at my background:
- I am a Christian with a spiritual relationship with Jesus Christ and follower of his teachings, especially John 13:34-35, asking us to “love one another as I (Christ) have loved you” and my favorite books in The Bible are Exodus (overcoming external and internal captivity) and Proverbs (a book of wisdom & justice);
- I’m a supporter of science and technology (in case you cannot tell by this website’s existence) because I enjoy learning how things work, how things came to be and what could happen next based on research, discovery, experimentation and fact-based evidence resulting from the scientific method;
- I’m a consumer of various types of media, ranging from architecture, video games, pro wrestling (in case, well, you know…), books, music, podcasts, comics, board games, etc., and I’d like to think that I have enough of a perspective (based on a combination of parenting, mentorships and experiences) to differentiate between fantasy and reality to make informed decisions.
I say this because there are stories like the one I’m about to mention that tend to grind my gears. Religious fundamentalists utilizing scare tactics toward a growing/popular medium for the sake of self-promotion is nothing new (i.e. Teletubbies, Pokemon, Magic the Gathering, Dungeons & Dragons, reading, yoga, the Jitterbug, Harry Potter, new music genres, skirts, chess, etc.), but this one from the 1980s is especially sad, mainly due to its aforementioned shallow intentions and its resulting unintended hilarity. Continue reading “A Grim Warning from the 1980s About the Black Magic in “Final Fantasy”…”
In this episode of Geek Me Five, host Montez McCrary will be discussing five simple and interesting facts about the classic, and NO, he’s not being sarcastic, 1990 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie.
1) “Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1990)” [http://amzn.to/2h5mEbM]
2) “Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (The IDW Collection) [https://goo.gl/9aUvP9]
3) “Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Coming Out of Their Shells Tour” [https://goo.gl/XpyiUn] Continue reading “Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1990) – Geek Me Five #21”