It’s probably not a secret that I’m a huge fan of Sonic the Hedgehog (here’s the damning proof, itself), so hearing that in one of the upcoming new Sonic games (other than the retro-tastic Sonic Mania, which, YES, I DID pre-order because I’m a sucker), you’d be able to create your own character to fight the forces of evil with Modern Sonic and Classic Sonic. Continue reading Sonic Forces Lets You Create Your Own Sonic Character; Excuse Me While I “SQWEEEEEEEEE”…
Back in March, pro wrestling veteran Christopher Daniels won the Ring of Honor World Championship for the first time in his career, occurring about 15 years after he first debuted with the promotion. While people like myself have followed Daniel’s career for almost as long as he’s been with the company — I’ve followed his career since the spring of 2000 — other more casual wrestling fans might be left wondering why ROH awarded its top prize to a 47-year-old while their company is focused on building new stars. However, at the end of the day, Daniels’ championship victory was one of the most memorable moments in ROH’s history, because finally — FINALLY — watching Daniels lifelong dream in the twilight of his career come into fruition is what wrestling is truly about. Continue reading Christopher Daniels Talks To Ring Rust Radio about Ring of Honor, Retirement, and the Mount Rushmore of ROH
In this pro wrestling-themed episode of PractitioNERD Documented, or “Doc’D”, host Montez McCrary will be discussing the background, the event itself, and the aftermath of WWE’s final ECW-branded pay-per-view event, 2006’s December to Dismember. Let’s just say it was the final one for a reason… Continue reading ECW December to Dismember 2006 – Doc’D #64
In this episode of Geek Me Five, host Montez McCrary will be discussing five simple and interesting facts about the classic Nickelodeon animated series, Rocko’s Modern Life.
1) “Rocko’s Modern Life” (Various Volumes) on Amazon Prime Streaming [http://amzn.to/2olcpPU] and “Rocko’s Modern Life” (The Complete Series 8-Disc Set) on DVD [http://amzn.to/2o0SQR5]
2) “Rocko’s Modern Life” on Wikia [rockosmodernlife.wikia.com]
3) “Rocko’s Modern Life” creator Joe Murray’s Blog [http://joemurraystudio.com/blog] Continue reading Rocko’s Modern Life – Geek Me Five #26
If you’ve ever felt the eagerness to hop into the world of any movie from Quentin Tarantino, than you might enjoy this bit of news. A new cinematic-style trailer and release date has been announced for Reservoir Dogs: Bloody Days, which will be out on PC and Steam on May 18 (that’s NEXT month!). The game centers around the bank robbery plot of the classic Quentin Tarantino film and turns it into a top-down shooter, similar to the popular Hotline Miami (one of my favorite games) with the stylized 3D graphics a’la Team Fortress 2, and a unique time-rewind mechanic. There’s currently no final price for the game, however you can get a quick look at the game with a new trailer posted above.
In this video game-themed episode of PractitioNERD Documented, or “Doc’D”, host Montez McCrary will be discussing the Sega Game Gear and Master System classic, Castle of Illusion, starring Mickey Mouse.
1) Genesis “Illusion” Series of Games: Amazon [http://amzn.to/2oek7L8], eBay [https://goo.gl/JbMZMs]
2) Game Gear “Illusion” Series of Games: Amazon [http://amzn.to/2nLuc6U], eBay [https://goo.gl/HpmaZT]
3) Master System “Illusion” Series of Games: eBay [https://goo.gl/FY7UoZ]
4) Mega Drive “Illusion” Series of Games: eBay [https://goo.gl/2KfaEh]
5) “Castle of Illusion” (2013): PS3 [https://goo.gl/lt7WId], Xbox 360 [https://goo.gl/EnYba6], PC/Steam [https://goo.gl/MX7tfN], Android [http://amzn.to/2oe0rqG], iOS [https://goo.gl/I6rUu6]
Continue reading Castle of Illusion: starring Mickey Mouse – Doc’D #63
The new teaser trailer for the upcoming eighth mainline Star Wars film, “Star Wars: The Last Jedi,” was just released today during the Star Wars Celebration in Orlando. The trailer seems to hint at, among some other things, Rey’s Jedi training action, Finn recovering from his injuries from the prior film, some more space battles, more of Kylo Ren being emo, and a darker side of Luke Skywalker.
“Star Wars, Episode VIII: The Last Jedi” opens in theaters on December 15th, 2017.
This episode of Geek Me Five is about family. Kinda. I guess… ANYWAY, in this episode of Geek Me Five, host Montez McCrary will be discussing five simple and interesting facts about the Fast and the Furious film universe.
1) The Film Series [Streaming/Purchase: http://amzn.to/2nhfsMI; Wikia: www.fastandfurious.wikia.com]
2) “Forza Horizon 2: Fast & Furious” for Xbox [Xbox One: https://goo.gl/EEuUBs; Xbox 360: https://goo.gl/06LmYw]
3) “The Wheelman” [PS3/Xbox 360/PC: http://amzn.to/2oFq1t8] Continue reading The Fast & The Furious Saga – Geek Me Five #25
I want to preface this post with a brief look at my background:
- I am a Christian with a spiritual relationship with Jesus Christ and follower of his teachings, especially John 13:34-35, asking us to “love one another as I (Christ) have loved you” and my favorite books in The Bible are Exodus (overcoming external and internal captivity) and Proverbs (a book of wisdom & justice);
- I’m a supporter of science and technology (in case you cannot tell by this website’s existence) because I enjoy learning how things work, how things came to be and what could happen next based on research, discovery, experimentation and fact-based evidence resulting from the scientific method;
- I’m a consumer of various types of media, ranging from architecture, video games, pro wrestling (in case, well, you know…), books, music, podcasts, comics, board games, etc., and I’d like to think that I have enough of a perspective (based on a combination of parenting, mentorships and experiences) to differentiate between fantasy and reality to make informed decisions.
I say this because there are stories like the one I’m about to mention that tend to grind my gears. Religious fundamentalists utilizing scare tactics toward a growing/popular medium for the sake of self-promotion is nothing new (i.e. Teletubbies, Pokemon, Magic the Gathering, Dungeons & Dragons, reading, yoga, the Jitterbug, Harry Potter, new music genres, skirts, chess, etc.), but this one from the 1980s is especially sad, mainly due to its aforementioned shallow intentions and its resulting unintended hilarity. Continue reading A Grim Warning from the 1980s About the Black Magic in “Final Fantasy”…