Fantastic news! Announced earlier this morning from the BBC after today’s Men’s Final at Wimbledon, actress Jodie Whittaker will be the first woman in Doctor Who’s 54-year history to be cast for the show’s title role. Whittaker is best known for her recent role as Beth Latimer in crime drama Broadchurch and from Attack the Block (alongside John Boyega). More details could come in as soon as San Deigo Comic-Con begins, so stay tuned and ALLONS-Y!!
In this episode of Geek Me Five, host Montez McCrary will be discussing five simple and interesting facts about the classic Nickelodeon animated series, Rocko’s Modern Life.
1) “Rocko’s Modern Life” (Various Volumes) on Amazon Prime Streaming [http://amzn.to/2olcpPU] and “Rocko’s Modern Life” (The Complete Series 8-Disc Set) on DVD [http://amzn.to/2o0SQR5]
2) “Rocko’s Modern Life” on Wikia [rockosmodernlife.wikia.com]
3) “Rocko’s Modern Life” creator Joe Murray’s Blog [http://joemurraystudio.com/blog] Continue reading Rocko’s Modern Life – Geek Me Five #26
In a move that, like an RKO, absolutely came outta nowhere, WWE sent out a tweet yesterday announcing a new series on the WWE Network, titled Southpaw Regional Wrestling, . So far, it looks to be the Network’s first successful stab at scripted comedy. To be honest, any show with John Cena doing his best Gordon Solie impersonation — as the character and play-by-play announcer “Lance Catamaran” — ought to be good. Continue reading WWE Network’s “Southpaw Regional Wrestling” is Everything I Didn’t Know I Wanted…
FINALLY, THE ROCK, HAS COME BACK… uh… whoa… wait a minute, what I meant to say is that FINALLY, a game based on the Cartoon Network animated series Steven Universe is going to be released on consoles. Steven Universe: Save the Light, developed by Grumpyface Studios, will launch this summer, Cartoon Network announced. Save the Light is a sequel to 2015’s Attack the Light, an action role-playing game which was well-received by fans and non-fans of the television series. Continue reading “Steven Universe: Save the Light” RPG to be Released on Consoles THIS SUMMER!
GLOW, Netflix’s reimagining of the ’80s cult-classic professional wrestling promotion Gorgeous Ladies of Wrestling — executive produced by Orange is the New Black creator Jenji Kohan — has finally announced a release date for said series, stating via the above teaser trailer that the ten-episode series debuts on June 23rd, 2017. The show stars Alison Brie (Community, Mad Men) as a struggling actress who joins the weekly episodic women’s wrestling television program as her final shot at fame. Continue reading Netflix’s New ‘GLOW’ Series Finally Set A Release Date: June 23rd, 2017!
I was one of the 52,020 people in attendance at the 30th annual WWE Royal Rumble at the Alamodome in my hometown of San Antonio, Texas this past Sunday night (following an excellent 3-day excursion through PAX South 2017), and overall the show was very entertaining with a few surprises. One pleasant surprise was the method of which some WWE Superstars made their way to the ring when their number in the Royal Rumble match came up. Continue reading #RememberTheRumble? #RememberTheRumbleCart!
Apparently Netflix can’t stand to limit themselves to only commissioning award-winning programming and movies; they just HAD to attempt to dip their fingers into creating an interactive media project, i.e., create a video game. A dedicated group of Netflix employees used some of their time to building this fun little projects, like the “The Swtich” (NOT THIS ONE) — a button that can automatically dims the lights, turns on your phone’s Do Not Disturb feature for long episodes of binge-streaming — but this one’s all about gaming. The game is called Netflix Infinite Runner, which is exactly as it sounds, is an endless running game that features the most popular characters from four popular Netflix original shows: Narcos, Marco Polo, Orange is the New Black and Stranger Things. Continue reading Netflix made a Free Video Game Featuring Some of its Hit Shows…
In this episode of Geek Me Five, host Montez McCrary will be discussing five simple and interesting facts about the classic Nickelodeon game show, Legends of the Hidden Temple.
1) “Slimed!: An Oral History of Nickelodeon’s Golden Age” by Mathew Klickstein [http://amzn.to/2g7bDGa]
2) BuzzFeed Entertainment interviews Kirk Fogg [https://goo.gl/o3IKvE]
3) The Unknown Archive’s Legends of the Hidden Temple Playlist [https://goo.gl/e2HvpL] Continue reading Legends of the Hidden Temple – Geek Me Five #20
In this pro wrestling-themed episode of PractitioNERD Documented, or “Doc’D”, host Montez McCrary will be discussing the influential and short-lived southeastern professional wrestling promotion, Smoky Mountain Wrestling.
I also wrote about Smoky Mountain Wrestling back in early 2014! [https://thepractitionerd.com/2014/01/30/smoky-mountain-wrestling]
FOR MORE about Smoky Mountain Wrestling:
1) The Complete History of Smoky Mountain Wrestling [http://www.prowrestlinghistory.com/smw]
2) Pro Wrestling Torch: “15 YEARS AGO – SMOKY MOUNTAIN WRESTLING CLOSES ITS DOORS – MY COVER STORY” [http://pwtorch.com/artman2/publish/wadekellerdotcom/45651.shtml]
3) ‘Smoky Mountain Wrestling’ on the WWE Network [http://network.wwe.com/shows/vault/smoky-mountain-wrestling] Continue reading Smokey Mountain Wrestling – Doc’D #56