Well, I guess you can’t say that playing video games CAN’T get you anywhere in the “real world” now! Christopher McComas confidently believes that, thanks to years of playing the Madden and NCAA Football franchises on Sega Genesis and PlayStation consoles, he can lead the University of North Dakota to college football immortality. His coaching philosophy? “Chuck the pigskin.” Chuck it some more. “Never Punt.” Relentless defense. What it comes down to is that McComas found the vacant position on Twitter indicating that UND was looking for a new head football coach and thought to himself, I’m going to have some fun with them. He wrote this letter to UND athletic director Brian Faison expressing his interest in the position and provided his qualifications, said years of playing Madden and NCAA Football.
My football philosophy is basically an attacking one. We’re going to give AIR RAID a whole new definition. Theoretically how many times do you think a team can pass in a game? Challenge accepted. We’re going 5 wide, chucking the pigskin all over the place. Never punt. Onside every time. Chip Kelly will be calling me to learn my offense. We will put on an exciting brand of football, we will pack them into the Alerus Center night in and night out, go ahead and blow the roof off the place and add about 35,000 seats to that place.
In addition to the letter, McComas also submitted a nine-page Powerpoint presentation getting into the brass tacks of his candidacy and how he could improve the program.
- Prospective North Dakota Football Coach Cites ‘Madden’ Expertise, Promises to ‘Chuck the Pigskin’ (Photos) (nesn.com)
- Man Applies to Coach College Football, Cites His Wealth of ‘Madden’ Experience (bleacherreport.com)
- Man Applies For UND HC Job Because He’s Good At Madden (blacksportsonline.com)
- Man Cites Madden and NCAA Football as His Experience for Head Coaching Job at the University of North Dakota (complex.com)
- Football Video Game Enthusiast Wants to Coach North Dakota, Promises to “Chuck the pigskin” (thebiglead.com)
- Gamer Applies to FCS North Dakota Job (lostlettermen.com)