It appears that this past weekend, a Quality Assurance tester at Traveler’s Tales (TT) Games (LEGO Harry Potter, LEGO Star Wars, LEGO Batman, et al.) had tweeted an image of a Wii U tablet controller that appears to have undergone a slight redesign since last seen at last year’s E3 event. As of now, the tweet in question had been removed, but thanks to the “magic” of the screen shot, the image shall live for-evv-vuur.
Some of those changes included:
- The concave circle pads have been replaced with Wii-style analog sticks,
- The Wii U logo has been moved to the bottom left-hand side of the unit,
- The plus and minus buttons have been moved to the right,
- Two new button-ish indentations are shown below the d-pad and between the power button and battery life indicator, and
- The Home button is surrounded by a Xbox 360-style ring light.
Since E3 is about two weeks away and the Wii U scheduled to arrive at the end of the year, Nintendo will be sure to showcase any new changes to the system in due time. Keep it locked here at “The PractitioNERD,” as there will be Daily Top Five posts during the course of the E3 Expo!